Filed under: FitnessIf you consider yourself a fitness newbie that's a good start -- you can't be new at something unless you're actually getting started, right? Here are some tips to get yourself set up the right way so you make lasting changes you'll stick with for life:
- Choose a physical activity you really enjoy. If you love to run, then start jogging. If you hate to run, then maybe dancing, swimming, or kickboxing are more your style. If you genuinely enjoy it you'll be so much better at staying with it.
- Get professional help, at least to get you started. You don't necessarily need a trainer to work with you every day, but having a specifically designed program tailored just for you by a pro is a big help.
- Slow and steady is best -- don't get started too fast, and be consistent.
- Build up to higher levels of fitness and adjust your routines as you progress.
- Expect great things! Think positively and you will reap positive results!