Filed under: HealthWatch'It won't hurt a bit,' Magda assured me, moments before she ripped the hairs by the root out of the most sensitive part of my thigh. Magda lied. It hurt. But I wasn't about to confront someone who was standing above me with hot wax perched above my most vulnerable body parts.
Ahh, the joys of the bikini wax. Experiences like this kind of make a girl want to get that hair lasered off, if it wasn't so expensive. But it might be worth it because apparently, bikini waxes can be dangerous. This news comes after a story of an Australian woman who, after receiving a Brazilian wax, developed painful swelling and copius amounts of vaginal discharge, plus a severe fever. She was later diagnosed with Toxic Shock Syndrome, a potentially fatal condition.
Nonetheless, it hasn't stopped her determination to get rid of those unwanted hairs. Would it deter you, or would vanity take over?