Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Make your home allergy-free

Filed under: , , ,

Despite the fact that I'm not allergic to cats, one of the best things I ever did for my allergies was ban my pets from the bedroom. That, combined with a hypoallergenic cover on my mattress, made the difference between waking up with asthma symptoms every morning, and breathing easy.

It's not easy to allergy-proof your environment. It takes time, patience, and sometimes some sacrifice (in this case, the sacrifice was on my cat's part, lucky for me). But taking steps to reduce your exposure to allergens can significantly improve your symptoms without increasing your medication. WebMD has an excellent list of ways to allergy-proof your home and car, as well as ways to reduce your exposure to common allergens while traveling, eating out, or while your child is at school. If you have allergies, take a minute to see if there's more you can be doing to reduce your symptoms.

No comments: