Wednesday, 3 October 2007

You should reduce your kids TV viewing time by the time they reach 5

Filed under: ,

The TV might be the best way to entertain a reckless toddler, but studies show that once your child hits 5, you should stop using the TV as a babysitter and start implementing time restrictions on kids in order to foster healthy habits in them later in life. Turning off the TV will encourage your kids to be more active -- for life.

I can tell you that this works. From the time I was 5 until I was about 13, my parents imposed a limit of one TV show a day. Two decade later, I still only watch one TV show a day -- if that. I would much rather spend my downtime outside, with friends and family, or doing something productive.

What do you think is an acceptable limit for kid TV-watching?

No comments: