Wednesday, 10 October 2007

What picky eaters will always eat

Filed under:

Are you a picky eater? I would say no because I'm always willing to try new dishes, but I try to avoid cauliflower, onions and mayonaise whenever I can -- they're the quirky foods that I dislike, and I think everyone has one or two of these. But I know some really picky people -- one of my friends will only order chicken fingers and fries at a restaurant.

Anthropologist Jane Kauer took an extensive look into picky eaters these days, and based on her findings, one third of people are unusually picky, few are extremely, and the rest of the population is only mildly picky. But there are a few things that almost every person likes. Want to know what they are?
  • Fried chicken
  • French fries
  • Chocolate chip cookies
  • Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
So, to sum up, the only really widely-accepted foods are junk foods. It's bit unfortunately that no veggies or fruits made the list. I for one avoid the above items almost all the time -- what about you?

No comments: