Wednesday, 3 October 2007

Ask Fitz! Your Fitness Questions Answered - Love Handles & Man Boobs

Filed under: , , , ,

Have fitness questions? Fitz has your answer. Our ThatsFit.com fitness expert -- and now your own virtual personal trainer -- will help you get fit, increase your overall health and do it in a fun way. Drop your questions here in the Comments section below and we'll choose two per week to publish on That's Fit! Learn more about Fitz here.

Q. Can you please tell me what work out exercise is good for those annoying love handles? I have a somewhat flat stomach, but can't get rid of the extra stuff on both sides of my belly. Thanks, Shirley

A. Hey Shirley. You didn't provide me with a ton of information about yourself, but since you said you have a flat-ish tummy.....I'm guessing you don't have a ton of weight to lose. However, the part of our bodies most people get really frustrated with is usually the last place we lose it. Obviously body type has a huge amount to do with our specific shapes, but if you simply have fat gathered on both sides of your belly....you need to lose some more weight. It could be your those last five pounds that make the difference.

Spot reduction is not a reality outside of plastic surgery. You can't crunch those love handles away, and I think you should ignore the knife. This sounds like something you can do on your own. Consume fewer calories and burn a bunch with frequent workouts and an active lifestyle. Dig in and improve your overall fitness. A tapered waist requires awesome effort, but it's well worth it. You'll love it when you have it. Keep me posted on your success! Fitz

Q. Hello Miss Fitz. I am a 28 year old male. I have been running a couple miles a day, two or three days a week all summer, but I just can't get rid of my stomach or man boobs. I've had the same figure my whole life. Is there anything that I could focus on to shape up? George

Continue reading Ask Fitz! Your Fitness Questions Answered - Love Handles & Man Boobs

No comments: