Tuesday, 16 October 2007

Advice is plentiful on shin splint topic

Filed under:

I wrote the other day about my recently-developed shin splints and asked readers to send their words of wisdom my way. A few did. Then I sent an e-mail to my friends and family about the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K event I hope to run in less than one week. Hoping my leg pain doesn't prevent me from pounding the pavement in the name of breast cancer awareness, I was in search of even more advice. I got it.

It's pretty good stuff, all the insight I've gathered. And I'm sharing it with you, just in case you need to know, today or in the future. Here goes.

A friend and neighbor says, "Ice bath for about 20 minutes twice a day. Use a large (very large!) bucket full of ice water. Submerge the shins. It only feels like they might just freeze off for the first 3 or 4 minutes, then it gets so numb you can't feel it. Good luck!"

Continue reading Advice is plentiful on shin splint topic

Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments: