Thursday, 20 September 2007

Trying to avoid embarrassing gas? Some tips

Filed under:

Ahh, flatulence. Such a basic but embarrassing part of life. I'll admit that I've been know to let a few slip, and my doctor assures me that it's due to my healthy diet full of fruits and veggies -- so I guess I'll have to live with the consequences. Are you wondering just what causes gas and how to avoid it? I have bad news ... many foods are responsible for gas, so it's not as simple as cutting out one of two according to this article from eDiets. Legumes, veggies, fruits, dairy products, cereals, breads, fried foods, cream sauces and carbonated beverages can all contribute to gas; for a full list click here.

If gasiness is becoming a serious problem for you, consider seeing a gastroenterologist, who can recommend certain foods to cut out or treatments to consider. Or try eliminating soy, dairy, gluten and processed foods from your diet, then introducing them back in one at a time to see what your worst offender is. For me, it's a surprising one: Rice! What's about you?

No comments: