Thursday, 20 September 2007

Ditch the sugar, watch your kids thrive

Filed under: , , , ,

I've become quite the anti-sugar nut. I don't want any part of sugar and find myself closely examining every food label I come across. The lower the sugar, the happier I get. Sugar-free? Even better.

It's been fairly easy for me to wean myself off sugar. Cutting it from my kids' diets is more of a challenge. They want it, crave it, beg for it. Slow and steady is my plan for them. In time, I hope to have them choosing fresh fruit for snacks, instead of Chips Ahoy cookies.

Christina Sbarro
over at ParentDish wrote on September 15 about some sugary new research which makes me more convinced my kids are better off without the refined white stuff.

Continue reading Ditch the sugar, watch your kids thrive

No comments: