Thursday, 20 September 2007

Are you a night owl? Here are some tips to wake up early

Filed under:

I am a life-long night owl. When I was in school, I loved summertime because it meant that I could stay up later without having to drag myself out of bed in the morning, still half-asleep and dreaming of settling back in between my comfortable covers. It's not that I wanted to stay up late partying, it's just that I get a major burst of energy around 10pm and often can't fall asleep until well after midnight. It's like torture on days when I have to get up at 6am to get to work.

Life would definitely be easier if I were a morning person. Recently Rigel Gregg posted some tips on getting up earlier and Francesca Clarke at DIY Life also wrote about an article that offers 24 tips for becoming an early-riser. One of the suggestions that Francesca highlights is heading outside as soon as you get up as it will help you feel more awake. Some of the other tips in the piece include sleeping with the windows open for fresh air and planning events in the morning so that you have to get up.

Are you a reformed night owl? How did you teach yourself to get up earlier?

No comments: