Friday, 13 July 2007

Working in the Workouts: It's in the details

Filed under: , , ,

owen and mommyEach week, Debbie will share her goals, challenges, successes and tips on how to fit in fitness when caring for a rambunctious toddler.

Last week, I wrote about making every moment count when you are exercising, and not just trying to get through your workout. In that spirit, I have been thinking about ways to re-motivate with this in mind.

I've come up with a few things I have been trying that really make my workouts go that extra mile. They aren't huge things, but small things that allow me to challenge myself and help me focus on maximizing every exercise.


  • Hold the last leg lift as long as you can, then raise higher and do the same, then a third time.
  • I run a little more each time I do a walking workout. I've started wearing my digital watch again when I exercise and I use it to focus my walking. Now I time how long I run within my walks and try to make the time longer with each jaunt. Or sometimes I just make more running intervals.
  • When I am holding Boat Pose, I challenge myself to hold it for five seconds longer than I think I possibly could, and then two more seconds. Yowza!
What helps challenge you to always do your best while working out?
Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments: