Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Whole wheat pasta: The healthiest carb?

Filed under:

Hi, my name's Martha and I'm a carboholic. There, I've said it. So when I saw this headline on Prevention promising to tell me what the healthiest carb is, I couldn't resist. Turns out it's one of my favourites -- whole wheat pasta. Some think it tastes like cardboard but I love it -- more than white pasta, even.

Now that whole grains are all the rage, manufacturers are always trying to find ways to improve the taste of whole wheat pasta, and they're doing so by adding healthy things like flax and legumes. So eat up -- pasta's good for you! One thing to keep in mind, however, is the serving size for most pastas -- as I've learned the hard way, one serving is usually much less than a pasta lover would expect.

No comments: