Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Goji juice: What's with all the hype?

Filed under: , ,

A few days ago, this post inspired some interest in Goji Juice, after reader Cyndi praised its effectiveness in helping her lose weight. Now, I've heard of Goji juice but I admit, I don't know much about it, even though it's a multi-million dollar industry. Here's what I found:

Goji Juice is made from the Himalayan Goji berry, which promises 'more vitamin c than oranges, more beta carotene than carrots and more iron than steak' (From the BBC.) It's said to contain special 'master molecules' that aren't found in any other foods. Plus it's also been touted as the answer to healthy aging, weight loss, managing diabetes, preventing cancer and lowering blood pressure. Those are some pretty lofty claims -- can they hold up?

I'm often skeptical of these types of miracle products -- and rightly so, according to this video. I suggest you watch it if you're falling, or have fallen, for the Goji juice hype. Goji juice might not be the superfood you think.

No comments: