Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Fit Mama: The hills are alive...

Filed under: , , , , ,

This is pretty sad. I am just now getting to the point where I can post what I've written below. Between being a mommy, taking a road trip to see the families, taking the kiddo to the doctor twice about a face rash and trying to get my life in order (I recently got a new job) I've had precious little time to exercise, and even less time to write about it!

That said, and without further ado, I would like to point out that although it's been, er, steep, I have kept running....

The hills in Prospect Park are alive...with the sound of my grunting as I shimmy up them. I wouldn't exactly say I run up these hills, but I'm not walking either. It's tough getting back in shape after a baby, and these hills are a constant reminder of that.

Still, progress has been made. I am able to get up the hills, even the big one that is such a nemesis we've given her a name, Sheila. Sheila has three curves to her, the third of which is hidden until you make it to the top of the second curve, which is also the steepest. What's interesting to me is that Sheila is my enemy no more.

Continue reading Fit Mama: The hills are alive...

No comments: