Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Daily Fit Tip: Pinch your nose and lose weight

Filed under: , ,

I just read in Men's Health magazine that if you pinch your nostrils for ten seconds, you'll curb your cravings. Since your stomach signals hunger and your brain signals 'cravings'.......this ancient Chinese acupressure point will help you pass on the donuts. In all of my years teaching fitness I've never heard such a thing, but you never know. Right? At least this strategy doesn't cost anything.

I personally imagine that the act of pinching, not picking, my nose for ten seconds on purpose would simply distract me from anything else in the world I may have been focusing on. Including food. So maybe the practice will work, because it seems so silly. My only non-Chinese or ancient advice is to do it with a tissue.

No comments: